Connect to Raspberry Pi using SSH
SSH, the Secure SHell, is a replacement for RSH. It provides a secure, encrypted connection, through which you can have normal, interactive logins to or from the remote machine. It also comes with SCP, a replacement for RCP.
PuTTY (for windows only)
- On your Raspberry Pi, open a terminal window. Type in,
sudo rasppi-configthen go to interfacing options and enable SSH.
- In the terminal window, type in
ifconfig toget your IP address.
- Proceed with the following steps depending on your OS.
- Open PuTTY and type in the IP address of your Pi under the hostname.
- Now you can just easily enter your id and password to log in.
Open the terminal window and copy and paste the following command into the terminal window but replace
<IP> with the IP address of the Raspberry Pi.